Module 1: Scientific & Evolutionary Evidence
LCHF in Clinical Practice is the last online training released by the Nutrition Network and has been designed for medical and allied healthcare practitioners wishing to advance their understanding of the Low Carbohydrate High Fat diet, and its role in clinical practice.
This latest training features an exceptional line-up of both national and international speakers and the curriculum covers a wide range of important and relevant topics in the field of LCHF Nutrition. It is the perfect next step for those who have already completed the original, flagship training Professional Training in LCHF/Ketogenic Nutrition & Treatment.
- Core modules provide a sound, foundational knowledge base of LCHF nutrition and treatment, from the latest and most up to date research. There are 3 Core modules in total, which will be released in intervals:
- Module 1: Evolutionary & Scientific Evidence
- Module 2: LCHF for Practical Medical Applications
- Module 3: Prescribing LCHF in Clinical Practice
Module 1 content
LCHF in Clinical Practice is an excellent next step for those who have already completed the original, flagship training, however, completion of the first training is not a pre-requisite for registration.
The format of the content
The training is made up of video lectures with supporting documents such as the speakers' PowerPoint presentations and reference lists.
Who is eligible to do the training?
- Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Midwives, Diabetes Educators
- Nutritionists, Nutrition Therapy Practitioners
- Banting / LCHF / Keto Coaches *
- LCHF / Wellness / Mind-Body / Health Coaches *
- Those who have completed the original training
* Must have received a certification from a recognized institution.
If you fall into the eligibility criteria listed above, you may enrol and make payment directly through this page. Please confirm your eligibility within 48 hours by sending a copy/photo of your qualifications/certifications to [email protected]
If you are not sure whether you are eligible, please submit an application by visiting www.nutrition-network.org/apply-now/ and select ‘‘LCHF in Clinical Practice’’ from the drop-down menu on the application. We will notify you whether your application has been successful.
- Evolutionary & Scientific Evidence – $250 (R2500 for South African citizens)
- LCHF for Practical Medical Applications – $250 (R2500 for South African citizens)
- Prescribing LCHF in Clinical Practice – $250 (R2500 for South African citizens)
Bundle rate of $650 for all three modules.
Testing & timelines
You may start the course at any time, and work through the content completely at your own pace. Each module is approximately 10 hours of learning.
There is no official test, however, there is a Module Feedback Form at the end of each module which requires you to reflect on the content and describe how you would apply it in your practice. There are also ways in which we test whether the full video has been watched.
The CPD Standards Office has accredited Module 1 with 10 CPD hours. CPD certificates are issued on completion of the training.
You will be issued with a Certificate of Completion at the end of the training – this certificate differs from the Certificate offered by the original training. Completion of all 3 Core Modules of LCHF in Clinical Practice, plus completion of the original training/nurses training, provides candidates with an advanced stamp and a priority listing on our Wall of LCHF Practitioners on the Nutrition Network website.
If you have any questions about this training, please email [email protected]
The Nutrition Network is an education, connection and learning platform founded by The Noakes Foundation in partnership with an esteemed team of doctors and scientists. The platform has been designed exclusively for medical practitioners across all disciplines, covering the latest and most up-to-date science and research in the field of Low Carb Nutrition.
StartProf Tim Noakes - Once Humans Were Healthy (68:39)
StartDr Michael Hoffmann - Food, Mood & Mind: Evolutionary Perspectives and Scientific Underpinnings (37:32)
StartZoe Harcombe - Should Dietary Fat Guidelines have been Introduced? (68:59)
StartIvor Cummins - Primary Health Challenges & their Root Causes (55:06)
StartDr Jason Fung - Intermittent Fasting (48:11)
StartThank you & Final Feedback
Frequently Asked Questions
Please confirm your eligibility before proceeding to check out: