Dr Nadia Pateguana - PCOS & Fertility
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) affects a significant number of women globally, particularly in regard to their fertility. Naturopath and Dietary coach, Dr Nadia Pateguana, provides an overview of the relationship between PCOS, fertility and insulin resistance and how LCHF nutrition and intermittent fasting can be of benefit.
- Know how PCOS is diagnosed
- Understand the symptoms of PCOS, standard treatment options and conventional dietary advice given
- Understand the pathophysiology of PCOS and the role of Insulin resistance
- Understand how LCHF nutrition reverses the ‘hyperinsulinaemia cycle’ and symptoms of PCOS
- Understand the increased risk of complications for women with PCOS during pregnancy, to their unborn child and the life-long implications for their children
- Understand the suggested treatment of PCOS, that addresses the root cause of PCOS, through LCHF nutrition and intermittent fasting
Current mainstream treatment options for PCOS and related infertility, that rely largely on medication and invasive procedures, can appear to be quite successful. However, they don’t address the root cause of PCOS - insulin resistance. As a result, despite these treatment options, women with PCOS continue to experience a higher than normal risk of complications during pregnancy and their children carry an increased risk of morbidity, such as obesity, diabetes and heart disease, on into their own adult life.
Implementation of a LCHF diet and intermittent fasting has been shown to have a dramatic effect on addressing insulin resistance in women with PCOS and as a result related issues of obesity, diabetes and infertility.
- Powerpoint presentation